Tuesday 29 October 2013

A Question or Two

I saw these questions on on my FAVOURITE book blog Flip that Page and I just had to answer but I decided that rarther than leave a monster comment I would make if into an actual blog post! You ready?

1. What's your favourite debut novel and why? 

With out a doubt John Greens debut novel Looking for Alaska! It makes you laugh until you cry then cry until you laugh- by far my favourite author!

2. If your favourite book were a movie who would you cast for the main roles?

Favourite book? What are you trying to do to me?? Generally though just put Ansel Elgort in it and I'll be fine! In all seriousness most of my favourite books are already cast for films :P

  • The Fault in our Stars- Made
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Watched and loved
  • The Hunger Games-  ditto

3. What is one genre that you'd like to be more open about?

This ones a toss up between Horror and British Classic Literature. Some how I seem to fall into American classics so easily but I struggle with British lit sometimes because for a start, they are often a lot slower and for someone who's life is dominated by school it can be hard to sit for more than an hour at a time to really get into a book. Horror on the other hand I'm scared to get into. How fitting :P 

4. What's your most anticipated 2014 release?
 
City of Heavenly Fire. I need to know how it ends okay?? Also don't judge me but I still haven't read a certain series by the same author. I will but I'm sorry I just can't seem to read anything but school books right now!! Fitzgerald anyone? I've got Salinger and Carol Ann Duffey on the go too if that's more your thing :) 
Also if you're up for writing an AS-level essay then you know where I am :)
 
5. If you could meet one book character in real life, who would it be and why?

I have 3:

  • Finnick Odair- Need I justify? The most attractive guy in Panem!

  • Atticus Finch- because he's so wise and moral. 

  • Clary Fray- some people need to be told how ridiculous they sound and to get a blooming grip! 

6. What's your biggest bookish regret?
 
I have started a series about this but books in general as opposed to individ respecting children's classic literature when it was socially acceptable to be seen reading them in public. Not that that ever holds me back now!

7. What's the origin of your blog's name? 

Awesome Reads and Misperceives is the little book blog of my lifestyle/ personal blog Autumn Leaves and Misperceives, where by book reviews seemed a little lost. So I went for it and created this little space for books and books only (with the odd film adaptation of a book comparison if we're lucky!)

8. Share a snippet of the lyrics to the song that best describes you.

This was a tricky one but this song describes best where I am right now...


Hope that gave you more of an insight into what I like! I post on here way less than I would like right now but I'll be back and reading none school book soon! *Pinky swears*

Today's question is:

If you could live in any book world, where would it be?

Second Blog: Autumn Leaves and misperceives          Instagram: its_kimmf         Bloglovin: This Blog          Second Blog          GoodReads           Pinterest: itskimF   

2 comments:

  1. Aww thank you for answering these! I didn't think people would take it upon themselves to read the questions, let alone answer them, award or not! You are amazing. And YOUR FAVORITE BLOG?! My day is made <3

    Ansel Elgort? SIGN ME UP! Watched him on Carrie recently and he is ATTRACTIVE. I also love your favorite titles! John Green most especially, and it's kinda cool that they have awesome film adaptations too :) And if you do meet Finnick Odair... take me with you!! And your blog name is seriously a winner. Hooray for creativity! Thanks again for answering them XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I love answering quizzy questions! Also me and Ansel are so meant to be (weather he knows it or not :P) And of course i'll take you with me when we meet Finnick Odair :) Thanks so much for reading my answers :D xxx

    ReplyDelete