Sunday 6 October 2013

F. Scott Fitzgerald

I mentioned that I am studying The Great Gatsby at Sixth Form at the moment along side J. D. Salinger's nine stories of which I've only read one...

Anywho I was reading the pre-words made me kind of sad for Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby wasn't even remotely successful until after he died. When he wrote his last book Tender is the Night he was an alcoholic and his wife, Zelda,  was being treated for schizophrenia. He admitted that his wife was his supporting limb and once she had gone he spirelled into a pool of self abuse,bankruptcy   from the extravagances of the 1920s and then he turned to other women to satisfy his emotional needs and disires. 



It makes me so sad to think that one of my favourite books was written by someone so broken, but somehow I guess it shows how life goes on, no matter what...

Second Blog: Autumn Leaves and Mispercieves     Instagram: its_kimmf         Bloglovin: This Blog          Second Blog          GoodReads           Pinterest: itskimF   

No comments:

Post a Comment