Tuesday 1 October 2013

City of Lost Souls- Review


So this book I had to finnish yesterday because I am just too anal to not finish a book by the end of a month! 

In this book "team good" are on a mission to get Jace back from the evil possession of Sebastian. Of course that proves not to be so simple as by harming one you harm the other. This of course puts a spanner in the works and desperate times call for desperate measures-even defying the Clave...

Favourite Character: Simon, Isabelle and Magnus. I have lost a little respect for Alec in someways in this book because of how he acts towards Magnus. I still like him but he's off the list now.  

Favourite couple: Simon and Isabelle. Because they're so cute! 

What I liked: I really appriciated the constant change of perspective in this book especially since this is the first book where for the majority of the time none of team good are together. I also liked the way that everyone played a part in this book and how it was pretty evenly split between all the characters. 

What I didn't like: Clary is becoming very annoying now. It's like she has nothing apart from Jace but she does now! She has Simon, Jocelyn, Luke? It annoys me now how shallow and superficial she can be that's all. 

Favourite Quotes (Spoilers!):

1. “Missing, one stunningly attractive teenage boy. Answers to 'Jace' or 'Hot Stuff”  

2. “What have you done to my cat?" Magnus demanded... "You drank his blood, didn't you? You said you weren't hungry!"
Simon was indignant. "I did not drink his blood. He's fine!" He poked the Chairman in the stomach. The cat yawned. "Second, you asked me if I was hungry when you were ordering pizza, so I said no, because I can't eat pizza. I was being polite."
"That doesn't get you the right to eat my cat."
"Your cat is fine!" Simon reached to pick up the tabby, who jumped indignantly to his feet and stalked off the table. "See?"
"Whatever.”  


3. “Speaking of hope, did you see that shot Alec got off with his bow? That's my boyfriend.”  

4. “Ah,” said Magnus. “Nerd love. It is a beautiful thing, while also being an object of mockery and hilarity for those of us who are more sophisticated.”  

5. “No one blames her."
"That never matters," said Alec. "Not when you blame yourself.”

 
Rating: 4 stars I preferred the previous two if I'm honest but still very good. 

Now it's only a few months until City of Heavenly Fire, I guess I'll have to read the infernal devises until then and apparently they're better? Who knows! Would you recommend them?


Second Blog: Autumn Leaves and misperceives          Instagram: its_kimmf         Bloglovin: This Blog          Second Blog          GoodReads           Pinterest: itskimF   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment